Port Royal State Historic Park Photo Gallery - 10/20/2012
Click For A Full-Size Image
Port Royal State Historic Park.
A kiosk in the parking area tells the story of Port Royal.
Rules of the park.
The park office, built in 1858, was a Masonic lodge. It's the only building from the town still standing.
Interpretive kiosk for the Trail of Tears hiking trail.
This panel displays information connecting Port Royal to the Trail of Tears.
Trail of Tears marker. Fort Cass was an internment camp in southeast Tennessee.
The Trail of Tears section looking north from a point near the Red River. This trail is about 300 yards long.
The northern end of the Trail of Tears section is a sunken roadbed.
A closer view of the 1887 Pratt Truss bridge.
Sulfur Fork Creek as seen from the Pratt Truss bridge.
These stone piers supported a covered bridge built in 1904, which was destroyed by flooding at the end of the 20th century.
A photo of the Mallory Waystation taken in the 1970's.
A pow wow is held across the river from the park every year.
Pow wow grounds next to the Red River.
Red River Valley Canoe Rentals, across the river from Port Royal.
The canoe launching area is near the spot where the Cherokee forded the river.
Port Royal Cafe, also across the river from the park.
We didn't have time to eat but it sure smelled good.
The Port Royal Cafe displays some paintings and photos of the old covered bridge.
The park has picnic tables
and clean restrooms.
Pick A Region For More Historical Sites